Tuesday, June 4, 2013

What to buy for a Second/Third/Fourth baby

When you have your first child, you go out and register. You get some fun things, not so fun things and things that are so stupid that you are not sure why you got them in the first place. We have so much stuff in this house, we have started weed out the things we don't use. I gave away/sold most of my baby gear, but I'm trying to think about things that I "splurged" on with my third child. I have a few things that come to mind.


  • #1 - A compact folding, swiveling, neat looking stroller


When I first registered, there was not a lot of cool looking strollers. It was about 7.5 years ago and most people got Travel Systems. I'm sure if we did this all over again, not sure I would do that again. I did like the Graco Car Seat, but the huge stroller that we strapped the car seat into... probably could have done without. I really like the SnugRider by Graco or the Snap n Go stroller by BabyTrend. We borrowed one from a friend for the second child and I gifted it to someone after the third. This would be a great present for a second/third time mom who is having a baby.

I decided to get rid of my huge GRACO QUATTRO TOUR deluxe stroller. It was so friggin heavy I couldn't lift it. It didn't fit in my van with the back seats up. Buh Bye. We bought a brand spankin new City Mini Single stroller. I really wish I knew about these (and could afford them) when I bought my double. I would have bought this one. But I wanted to save $$$. Next time I won't worry about cash and go for the good one.


I really love this stroller. Folds with one hand. Can lay back. Great canopy coverage. We are going to Disney this fall and this is all we are taking. This might be something you can splurge on for your third or fourth kid. Your stroller is probably out dated. This is a great option. I got mine online at Albeebaby.com which is my go to site for gear. I also recommend this double. My sister has it and loves it.


  • A Better carrier than that silly BabyBjorn - the BOBA 3G


I swear BabyBjorn was the ONLY baby carrier back in the day. They had cornered the market. Every single mother got one when I was first pregnant. I got mine and loved it. Until my kid weighed about 10 pounds. Then the straps were going into my back. My body was hurting and I was begging for mercy for my husband to take the child. I had the bjorn for the first child. Second child hated to be in anything, I tried the MobyWrap sling but she just screamed in anything so I gifted that to a friend. Someone told me about this:


Is that a pretty picture? Yeah, not me. This is more like me:




Yeah not as attractive, but it works. I prefer to put her on my back. She is about 15 months here. As for a front carrier, you can wear the baby facing forward, but not OUT. That is the only downfall. But again, it's worth it because you can wear it longer. I put my 4 year old in here and it worked great. I carried her for a half hour!!! Wow! Looking forward to using this during the summer at Tball and in the fall at Soccer.

This is the BOBA 3G and I purchased it at Diapers.com and used a 20% off coupon. It was about $105. Well worth the price and you can resell it easily.


  • 100% Cotton
  • Front and back carry options
  • Removable sleeping hood
  • Adjustable sleeping hood, adjusting in length to fit growing babies
  • Zipper pouch may be used to store your hood when not in use
  • Comfortably fits heights 5’0” – 6’3”
  • Waistband range: 25” – 58”
  • Additional adjustments for easier fit & breastfeeding
  • Patent-pending removable foot straps
  • Elastic bands neatly roll up straps
  • Shoulder strap holders keep purses and diaper bags in place
  • Easily adjustable chest strap
  • Uniquely designed to “hug” your child
  • Converts to an infant carrier without an insert
  • Extra head support adjustments for infants
  • Body of carrier rises 2-3” higher than other brands
  • Multiple pockets for on-the-go storage
  • High quality military grade buckles

  • THE BEST SLEEPER IN THE WORLD - FISHER PRICE - ROCK N PLAY SLEEPER
What can I say about this item? There is no way to repay the maker of this item for the wonderful sleep that I had when I first brought my third child home. It was a gift from my husbands aunt and it was literally sent down from the Heavens to this mother who was so very tired. The baby slept through the night at less than FOUR WEEKS. She was only getting up once. It's very portable. She loved feeling squished in there. We even bought an insert (Snuzzler) that is usually for car seats/strollers so she could go in it straight from the hospital. I really love this product. Baby Bean did too. 



Soothe, nap or play! What makes this Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'N Play Sleeper perfect for newborns is that it's extra deep with a structured insert that surrounds them in comfort and makes them feel secure. The seat is also inclined, which makes napping more comfortable for babies who need their heads elevated. And with help from mom, baby can rock the day away - soothe, nap or play! Other features include three-point restraint to keep baby secure, a toy for soothing & entertaining, and a washable insert for comfort and support. Plus it's very lightweight, so it's easy to move around the house.

  • Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'N Play Sleeper - Tan Circles includes removable, machine-washable insert
  • Storage pocket for little extras
  • Portable sleep seat for newborns, with a wonderful rocking action and secure inclined position
  • Easy-push button fold for storage
  • Maximum weight: 25 lbs



They even make ones now that are super padded so you don't need the insert. That is the upgraded version. Go ahead. Splurge. You deserve it!!!!



I would be interested to hear about what were your SPLURGES for your second, third and fourth baby. What did you really want to get that came out for the later child that you didn't have?

Happy Baby Thoughts :)
R

No comments:

Post a Comment